Suicide Research and Prevention Initiative
Be a winner..choose life.
SURPIN was launched in March 2017, as an initiative of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) for suicide prevention through research, crisis intervention, health education and early treatment of depression and drug abuse. SURPIN has now spread to over 40 health institutions across 28 states as of July 2019.
+234-814-224-1007 (FOR HAUSA)
Other languages coming soon.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS –
SURPIN ENLIGHTENMENT DRAMA CONTEST
By submitting an entry for the competition you agree to the terms and conditions as set out below;
1. The final decision of who makes the final three and the positions of the final 3 rests with the SURPIN judges
2. Selection of finalists - Three finalists will be chosen by a panel of mental health experts comprising one psychiatrist, one clinical psychologist, one mental health nurse, one medical social worker and one occupational therapist, based on relevance and appropriate content.
3. Social Media Votes - These finalists will then be broadcast on SURPIN’S social media Handles (IG and Twitter) and be subjected to public voting. These social media votes will make up 40% of the total votes. Voting on social media ends on 10th September 2020.
4. Finale – On the day of the conference the three final videos will be scored by a panel of judges and this will make up the remaining 60% of votes, which would include Nollywood/acting professionals and mental health practitioners.
5. Prize money will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions at the end of the conference. The prizes are – 1st = N250,000, 2nd = N150,000, 3RD = N100,000, but may be increased at the discretion of SURPIN.
6. By submitting an entry you agree that SURPIN has the right to use the video for suicide prevention programmes that it may engage in in the future, including but not limited to our website and social media handles and for training.
7. All other conditions as may be set by SURPIN in pursuit of its goal of promoting mental wellbeing and reducing suicide.
8. SURPIN is not liable for any copyright issues arising from content of the videos, as these shall be borne by the creator.
If your video is shortlisted to the final three you will be contacted by email.